Przejdź do głównej zawartości

White Dwarf... is no more.



One cannot hide that the news about changes in the Games Workshop’s White Dwarf magazine were closing and that rumors could be heard from time to time. Here are links concerning the case in question before the rumors became facts: one from Beasts of War and the second from Bell of Lost Souls When one looks at the info from White Dwarf Daily everything that was suspected becomes reality.
Many people despised the new WD that was being published for more than a year now. There were too many commercials, it lacked depth, the old one was better and so on. I must admit I sometimes agreed with those voices, but I liked the new WD more than the old one for the quality. I know that most of the magazine sounded like: “our figures are so great that I just had to buy them, because I could not wait to add them to my collection and paint them”. Well, yeah, but it had tons of great pictures, cool columns and what is most important for me the Paint Splatter not to mention the battle reports with armies that were not pro but themed. That was then and now is now. From the 1st of February we will get a WD weekly and a new monthly called Warhammer: Visions. The price for the first one should equal a pot of paint and the second one has no price set yet, but I assume it will be more expensive due to the more pages (236) thingy. These are not good news for our wallets. I have agreed with Oliver on his blog The Chattering Horde that GW can charge whatever they want for their products and one does not need to buy GW stuff if not satisfied with the prices, but printing two magazines is just a way of earning more money.  One does not need two magazines from a one publisher who only writes about his products. But I am just  being grumpy. I am probably not going to buy the weekly magazine, but Visions is a different story... This is how you kill the society.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Team Yankee Soviet T-64

 Hello friends,  some finished T-64 tanks from the Hammerfall Team Yankee Starter Set.Enjoy.  

Infinity Haqqislam Murabid Tuareg

 Hello Friends, please welcome the Murabid Tuareg Sniper ;) 

2nd Life Guards Regiment 1815

 Hello friends,  so I have been painting a small present for a friend that's interested in the Waterloo battle. I got a free sprue of the Household Brigade in one of the Wargames Illustrated magazines and so the decision had been made. After some research around the web for good examples of the uniforms I managed to paint this little diorama.