Przejdź do głównej zawartości

"New" GW magazines

Hello,
I wanted to write some stuff on the new GW magazines for some time now but I have decided to give them a one running time, especially the White Dwarf. So what do we get from the new titles? Basically, we have the old White Dwarf divided into two halves. One deals with quality pictures and the second one features actual articles and thoughts of the GW WD team plus some new stuff like the column on the use of tyranids or gluing stuff together.
I new thing are also the rules for new miniatures in the WD weekly. I think the guys in White Dwarf are trying to put some quality into their articles. I do not feel the pressure on me to buy new GW miniatures "because they are so great" as it was with the old WD. Sure, we get the new releases with pictures and some advertisement but it is not so overwhelming as it used to be and I would count this as a plus. I particularly like the columns in the WD, their standard improved. You need to read them to find out what I am saying. What I do not like but what I was suspecting is the time spread in presenting new releases like with the dwarves. First, there were some models, later more models and finally the army book. Kinda creates the mood for "oh my god what will come next" but seriously I got used to the old schedule and I must say I liked it. Maybe soon I will adjust, but for now I say nay.
Now, the Visions. I bought the too and I must say I cannot make up my mind about them. On the other hand we get a hmmm... "art catalogue" that one can watch and admire for a long time, return to it, view the pics, try to learn from them, but on the other hand what else is there? And why the hell this ridiculous format? (Well, probably printing costs ;-)) Not much to read in the Visions magazine apart from Blanchitsu and the battle report, but there are pics. What more, ah pics. And I almost forgot, pics. If I am correct, the trend with Visions will be to show the last month releases, all of the in one place and make a battle report with the newly released army update. So I guess, we will see a lot of beautiful dwarf pictures next issue in 5 days.
I must say that I cannot afford buying both the new weekly White Dwarf plus the Visions and for example some miniatures or other GW products. It just costs too much right now. So, for the time being I will hang to the Visions and smile to the pictures of miniatures that cost too much.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Team Yankee Soviet T-64

 Hello friends,  some finished T-64 tanks from the Hammerfall Team Yankee Starter Set.Enjoy.  

Infinity Haqqislam Murabid Tuareg

 Hello Friends, please welcome the Murabid Tuareg Sniper ;) 

2nd Life Guards Regiment 1815

 Hello friends,  so I have been painting a small present for a friend that's interested in the Waterloo battle. I got a free sprue of the Household Brigade in one of the Wargames Illustrated magazines and so the decision had been made. After some research around the web for good examples of the uniforms I managed to paint this little diorama.